As well as paying the rent, you may also be required to make the following permitted payments.
Before the tenancy starts payable to James Neave the Estate Agents (normally via the Goodlord Platform)
- Holding Deposit: 1 week’s rent. This is non-refundable if you submit misleading or dis-honest information within your tenancy application.
- Deposit: 5 weeks’ rent. Unless otherwise instructed this will be lodged with the Deposit Protection Service (DPS.)
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent or direct to Landlord if applicable)
- Payment of £50 including vat if you want to change the tenancy agreement
- Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above the bank of England base rate.
- Payment of £15 inclusive of vat plus the cost of the replacement - for the reasonably incurred costs for the loss of keys/security devices
- Payment of any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy. If it is mutually agreed, at the tenants request, for a tenancy to be terminated early, then tenants will be responsible for the reasonable costs of the landlord to re-let the property.
During the tenancy (payable to the provider) if permitted and applicable
- Utilities – gas, electricity, water
- Communications – telephone and broadband
- Installation of cable/satellite
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television license
- Council Tax
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
James Neave the Estate Agent is a member of CMP, Client Money Protect, which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of The Property Ombudsman which is a redress scheme. Please contact us for any further information required.